- Rules Of The Road (SOAP SAW)
- (S) 1. Safety First - Cars bend, people break, Watch where you're running,
Don't make a mistake.
- (O) 2. Obey all traffic rules and regulations. A. Cross only at signal
lights or cross walks. B. Stay to the side of the road. C. Be alert at
blind curves and intersections.
- (A) 3. Animals - Dogs, cats, skunks, etc. A. Don't pet any of the above.
B. If chased by a dog, stop running and yell "NO", walk away
slowly while facing the animal C. If attacked, climb a tree or car, kick,
yell, scream. D. If bitten, report to Coach, parent or School immediately
- (P) 4. Pairs - Don't run alone. A. If bothered on the roads, don't
stop, but continue to a safe area. B. If still followed stop at the nearest
house and call school or police (get license number). C. Ladies especially
should be alert.
- (S) 5. Smarts A. Don't trespass on private property. B. Don't annoy
other people or their property. C. Don't run through school campus during
- (A) 6. Ailments A. Report ALL injuries, no matter how small they may
seem. B. If injured on the road, walk back to school or call the school
- (W) 7. Weather A. Smog alert - Limit running to morning or evening.
B. Storms - Use your judgment, and stay near the campus if you suspect
heavy rain. C. Lightning - Do not run. D. Darkness - Use extreme caution
- Please read and obey these rules. The life you save may be your own.