1995 Lynbrook Cross-Country Highlights
- o 16 guys and 11 girls
- o Fremont Invitational: F/S Boys defended their title-39 sec spread.
Monta Vista & Prospect girls defeated Lynbrook girls by 65 & 33
points, respectively. Prospect & Fremont boys beat Lynbrook Boys by
44 & 3 points.
- o Fielded Varsity & JV girls at Central Park meet, a Lynbrook first.
- o Paul Neves flat tire and missed start of Stanford Invit. Varsity
girls tied and we won on the 6th runner tie-breaker.
- o All guys PR on the Crystal Springs course at 1st Center Meet. First
major injury strikes, Paul Neves out for 3 weeks. JV Boys win, by 6 points,
over Gunn (2, 3, 4 finish). JV Girls tie for 3rd.
- o Lynbrook Jr/Sr girls finish 8th at Foothill, beating Gunn and LG.
JR Boys field a complete team, then get DQ'd. Second major injury, Nathan
Wright buts head with goal post, out for the season.
- o Lynbrook hosts their first ever X-C meet with 6 teams. Varsity Boys
take 3rd. Varsity Girls take 2nd, beating Monta Vista & Prospect by
9 & 14. Amie Wu (JR) & Aman Sirohi (FR) set course records. First
inkling that Amie has a shot at State meet.
- o Varsity Boys finish 6th at DAL, Paul qualifies for CCS. F/S Boys
take second behind Los Gatos. Varsity Girls finish 4th and qualify for
CCS. Both Varsity Boys & Girls almost get DQ'd for running 8 runners.
Amie Wu, Victoria Quevedo, Aman Sirohi, Jeff Stokes and Kamil Kolacek make
- o Paul runs 17:52 to tie Crystal Springs PR, run at DAL. Girls finish
5th at CCS, 1 point from 4th (Gunn) and 5 points from 3rd (Westmoor). 18
teams in Div I. Amie Wu finishes 10th overall but 4th individual, qualifies
for State. Stephanie Hovenik ('93) last girl qualifier. Girls finish 18th
overall in CCS with all 4 divisions combined. This is out of 105 schools
that have girls X-C teams.
- o Lynbrook gets 3 articles in local papers about Cross-Country.
- o 26% joined the Boosters.
- o Team Records: VB 9W - 77L VG 23W - 55L JVB 9W - 3L JVG 4W - 11L F/S
19W - 4L
- o 88% of the team improved on their times on the Lynbrook course.
- o Varsity Boys GPA 3.1702 - Varsity Girls GPA 3.5918 - Team 3.3741