DyeStatCal Female Athlete
of Week September 10/28-11/1
DyeStatCal Athlete of the Week – Michelle Gallagher (Sacred Heart Cathedral HS)
Part of a super Division III group from the CCS is this week's DyeStatCal
Athelte of the Week, with Michelle Gallagher, who is off to another great
season of running. She has had some great experiences in high-school,
including racing in the World Cross-Country Championships in front of
her family there in Ireland!!
Doug Speck – DyeStatCal.com
1) Briefly describe your Invitational series of races this season so
2) Talk a bit about the quality of competition within your League and how that motivates you?
This year the newly formed league has awesome competition. The top athlete's are all phenomenal and that gets my adrenaline going. It could be anyone's race on any given day.
3) Briefly describe what have you accomplished in your running over the
last few years (and nternational running chances)--
4) How much running did you do this summer in preparation for this season?
5) What are some of your goals for the fall cross-country season?
6) Any info on possible college choices? Undecided at this time.
7) What are your favorite kind of running workouts?
8) What are your least favorite kind of running workouts?
9) What are some of your interests outside of school and running?
10) Where do you see yourself in ten years?
11) What advice would you have for runners who are just starting out as maybe a ninth grader - what motivated you and kept you going early on?
After your first couple of weeks of running and your thinking to yourself, "Oh my God I can't do this" you need to remind yourself that you are just starting off and things will get a lot easier along the way. Don't give up and stay true to your dream. I have found that the team spirit at SHC will get you through anything. What kept me going was my love for running and having a positive attitude.
©2002 by DyeStat