Lynbrook HS - Cross Country
2005 Highlites & Lowlites
- Team is 18 girls, 44 guys & 3 Coaches (above the Lynbrook average).
- Marshall Clark 4 Miler has 6 Lynbrook runners compete.
- Missy & Mandy are back as Coaches, and so is Anil and Anjali.
- Jason Wang sets a School Record of 522 miles during the summer.
- Our Third Labor Day Run had 16 folks running out behind Stevens Creek Dam, and...
- Bryan and Aditi taking an 'ice bath' afterwards.
- 10 people are in the pool all at once within the first week, a record - should I be worried ...
- Sharks & Minnows (Jason Wang & MayC are the last two).
- Leo wiping out on his bike on the way to XC practice.
- Julia Yao (back) and Christina Liu (front) doing a great T-shirt design.
Lynbrook Center Meet:
- 'Fresh Meat' continues its tradition.
- Andrew Jiang goes out like a cannon, and drops like a cannon ball.
- Good opportunity to earn sweats.
- JV Boys take 2nd with a 26 second team spread, 3 of the 5 get medals.
- Andrew Lum walking into the womens bathroom.
- Mandy leaves for France that night/morning.
- Scavenger Hunt: The team of Christina, Shruti, MayC, Yvonne, Shirley & Bernice score a one
point win (28-27) over Jonathan, Hotung, Vincent, Eric, Craig, Kevin & Phillip.
- Priya's for the first time. "Who spilled the water... Howard???"
- Trivia question: Who was the model for this year's T-shirt?
- Fun with the 'Big Boys'... Yvonne runs a PR, others take in the carnival atmosphere.
- We watch one of the best girl runners in the State 'bonk'.
- Pasta feeds (and non-pasta feeds) are a regular tradition.
- Hash Run, Bagel Run, Jamba Juice Run, Slurpee Run, Donut run... you get the idea.
- Speaking of Hash Run, Aditi - "I can hear you ..."
- Shruti (while pointing) "Oh look, he's up a tree!"
- MayC, Michael Liu and Cindy are "the first" to find me.
- Dhruv, Jeff & Allan think they can "outsmart" the coach - and so they get lost.
- Bryan Lin - will I ever see your "300 Mile" journal?
Central Park Invite:
- A hot one for the last race of Sept.
- Shruti falls and goes the wrong way - tough one.
- Bus won't start, low on gas, we get a late start.
- Misty and wet at the races.
- Hardware in all races except JVB's.
- Vashisht smiles the whole way.
- Chris Carter really moves in the last 800 for he knows he's "5th man".
- Four in the Top 10 (Kwan, Hotung, Vashisht & Chao) for JV Boys.
- Starts off great with Frosh Boys winning and becoming the best Lynbrook team since '86
- Ends badly with Cheryl, Brandon & Aditi all getting stung by bees and
- Aditi being carried off of the course.
- Inbetween, 'pack' running is the order of the day.
- Julia Yao has her best race of her life.
- Richard Chen runs for his life trying to catch the bus. What time do we leave?
- Last turf & surf before the weather turns cool.
- All but 5 runners improve on their Crystal time from the week before.
- Not one single bee sting - yeah!
- Rallye Run: Came down between the Seniors and the Freshman with the .... Seniors
winning! Team of Shruti Waghray, Justin Shaw, Bob Wang, Bernice Lee & Mike Liu.
- We go on an easy 3 miler and three Seniors get lost but we won't mention names,
right Zohreh and both Christina's?
- Now how many strides is that... six or eight?
- Graduation Run happens on the Friday before Leagues and more than half the team
makes the entire 9 mile trip.
Lynbrook Invite/FUHSD Championships:
- The improvements continue, all but 3 run faster than the beginning of the year.
- School/age group records were set by:
: MayC Huang #6 AT Junior and #1 Lynbrook Junior
: Yvonne Fong #39 AT Junior and #6 Lynbrook Junior
: Cindy Ju #19 AT Soph and #2 Lynbrook Soph
: Anna Sadovnikova #41 AT Frosh and #5 Lynbrook Frosh
: Jason Wang #19 AT Junior, #2 Lynbrook Junior and #36 AT (all grades)
: Gene Burinskiy #30 AT Frosh and #3 Lynbrook Frosh
: Helen Chen #15 Lynbrook Frosh : Andrew Jang # 7 Lynbrook Frosh
: Daria Burinskaya#19 Lynbrook Frosh : Andrew Lum # 8 Lynbrook Frosh
: Archit Sheth-Shah #11 Lynbrook Frosh
: Chris Carter #12 Lynbrook Frosh
: Joshua Chen #13 Lynbrook Frosh
: AJ Flint #18 Lynbrook Frosh
: Albert Huang #24 Lynbrook Frosh
: Lauren Comisar #18 Lynbrook Soph : Bryan Lin # 8 Lynbrook Soph
: Richard Chen #14 Lynbrook Soph
: Vashisht Madabhushi #22 Lynbrook Soph
: Shirley Liu #14 Lynbrook Junior : Paul Lee # 5 Lynbrook Junior
: Julia Yao #15 Lynbrook Junior : Michael Liu # 9 Lynbrook Junior
: Hotung Chan #16 Lynbrook Junior
: Jonathan Kwan#21 Lynbrook Junior
: Christina Liu # 7 Lynbrook Senior : Howard Liu # 9 Lynbrook Senior
: Zohreh Akhavan # 8 Lynbrook Senior : Jonathan Tsai#25 Lynbrook Senior
: Shruti Waghray # 9 Lynbrook Senior
: Christina Liao #15 Lynbrook Senior
: Bernice Lee #21 Lynbrook Senior
- All but 5 improve - way to go!
- This is what we have ALL trained for.
- This year the girls put it together and qualified to CCS.
- MayC and Cindy are All League.
- Jason has a sinus infection and takes one for the team.
Top 65 All-Time
- MayC Huang ( 5) and #2 Junior.
- Cindy Ju ( 9) and #3 Soph.
- Yvonne Fong (15) and #5 Junior.
- Ann Sadovnikova(24) and #8 Frosh.
- Shruti Waghray (39) and #19 Senior.
- Julia Yao (45) and #21 Junior.
Top 130 All-Time
- Jason Wang (61) and #36 Junior.
- Gene Burinskiy (93) and #20 Frosh.
- Paul Lee (122) and #68 Junior.
- Howard Liu (130) and #70 Senior.
- VB are #25 team time - 5th fastest team I've coached at Lynbrook.
- VG are # 3 team time and JVG are #3 team time.
- DAL Records: (2005 / 2004)
F/S 19 - 14 / 34 - 12
JVB 20 - 8 / 33 - 14
JVG 28 - 8 / 31 - 12
VB 8 - 28 / 23 - 22
VG 15 - 18 / 25 - 23
- We finally get to do a 'Creek Run' after two years.
- Yvonne continues to PR at Crystal.
- We finish 9th of 14 in Division 2.
- Out of ALL of CCS the team is 28th out of 64.
- Coach has to fill out delinquencies and you have to get them.
- VG team GPA is 3.8039 ('04 was 3.8571)
- VB Team GPA is 3.6667 ('04 was 3.5217)