***2016 Earlybird has been cancelled***
We regret to inform everyone that the 2016 Earlybird Invitational has been cancelled. 
The Soberanes fire containment date has moved more than a month later than originally 
predicted and Toro Park will be occupied by firefighters for the foreseeable future. 
Be assured that we looked into all alternative options possible but we were not able 
to find any. Please make alternative plans for September 10th.

I want to thank all the teams that had committed to coming. We had the biggest and most 
competitive line-up of teams for our 22nd annual event. Special thanks to Saugus and 
Martin Luther King who were planning to make the trek from the southern part of the state 
and were bringing some of the top tradition rich programs in the state to face the best 
the northern part of the state has to offer. Please cancel any payments for the meet at 
this time and we will be sending your already received checks back to you ASAP.

Finally, traditionally we have had Earlybird the Saturday after Labor Day. For 2017 we 
will break with tradition and host the "Not So Early Earlybird" at Toro Park on the 
following Saturday. The 22nd Annual Earlybird will be Saturday, September 16th, 2017. 
This will allow some top programs who prefer to wait one more week before racing to 
come to the meet. Please mark your calendars and we will surely make the 2017 meet 
the best with fire on the course where it belongs!

Best of luck this season to all the teams and athletes and please let me know if you 
have any questions.

Coach Ibarra
Earlybird Meet Director
Greetings Earlybird coaches!
As many of you know, the Soberanes Fire is roaring just south of us. Their containment date is the end of this month but that could obviously change. At this time, Toro Park is being used as a base camp for the firefighters and is closed to any other use.
So, for now, after looking at all our options and restrictions including other dates and locations, we have decided to stick to the plan.
Earlybird is still set for September 10th at Toro Park.
IF the fire is not contained and the park is not reopened by then the meet will be cancelled.
We will obviously let you know as soon as we know but we are crossing our fingers at this point that all will be well and the meet will be on.
I know we have teams traveling from far away and I wanted to make sure we gave everyone the heads up of the possibility of the meet being cancelled.
For now, stick to the plan and make sure your athletes are registered on athletic.net by the deadline on 9/6/16 by 8 PM. Also, continue to send in payments and we can cancel checks or mail them back if the meet is cancelled.
If you need any information please visit the meet webpage
The meet competition is the best we have ever seen and I know your teams and kids will enjoy the meet!
The meet preview story will be out the week of the meet.
If you have any questions please email me.

Gustavo Ibarra,
North Monterey County
This email was sent by Athletic.net on behalf of Gustavo Ibarra.
Don't want these emails? Unsubscribe by removing your account
1050 Bull Creek Rd | Grants Pass, OR 97527