Paly High History - Wikipedia
Paly High History
Oct 8, 1855, Mansfield School Dist. Formed
“A semi-public institution, financed by contributions and tuition, provided high school facilities for PA until July of 1898. On the 15th of that month an election was held, which resulted in the legal formation of a high school for Palo Alto district.”
1st principal – John A Longly
A high school building was erected for $19,308 on a site costing $3,650 it is the present Channing School.
1909 a wooden gymnasium built on high school grounds for $1,993. Palo Alto union H.S. district formed June, 1916.
-- from survey of the PA public schools, Andrew P Hill, Calif State of Education, Sacto, 1931
From "The Tower", Sept 1939
bulletin to new PA students.
PA main gym built in 1929, seats 3000.
Pescadero Hi was member of PAD (Palo Alto District) in 1939. (Tot. 9 schools)
Private High School established in 1894. Reorganized as public institution on July 15, 1898. New campus in 1900 at Channing & Webster.
Ground for present building broken in Dec 1917 after passing of $200,000 bond issue previous Jan. New building occupied
12/25/18. "Union" dropped from school name in 1932.
1936-37 - new track, football field & baseball diamond added as WPA projects. School hymn written by AT Case, 1906.
See Original Research for more on Sports Championship Teams, early & famous students.